- Joint Venture Board Attendance: Two’s Company, Thirty’s a Crowd, Corporate Board Member, Nov 2018.
- Navigating The Growth Of A Major Healthcare Platform, Chief Executive, Feb 2018.
- Impermanent partnerships: evaluating JVs, Financier Worldwide, Nov 2018.
- Why Corporate Boards Should Care about Joint Ventures, James Bamford, Corporate Boards Magazine, Dec 2017 / Jan 2018.
- Operator JV Management or Team Profile, James Bamford, Oil & Gas Financial Journal, Dec 2017 / Jan 2018.
- What Joint Venture CEOs Should Negotiate Into An Employment Agreement, James Bamford, Chief Executive, December 2017.
- Why Aren’t Affiliate Boards Held To The Same Standard?, Gerard Baynham, Corporate Board Member, December 2017.
- How Joint Ventures Staged a Quiet Comeback, Gerard Baynham, Chief Executive, October 2017.
- JV dealmaking gains steam across US healthcare, Remarks from David Ernst, Financier Worldwide, August 2017
- Does size matter? Rethinking the Size of Your Asset Teams, James Bamford, Oil & Gas Financial Journal, July 2017
- Managing corruption risk in joint ventures is still crucial, David Ernst, FDiIntelligence, March 2017.
- Unlocking cross-border M&A and JV deal opportunities, Josh Kwicinski, Financier Worldwide. February 2017.
Harvard Business Review
- Your Alliances are Too Stable, David Ernst and James Bamford, June 2005 Issue (download the pdf).
- Launching a World-class Joint Venture, James Bamford, David Ernst, and David G. Fubini, February 2004 Issue (download the pdf).
- Is Your Alliance Really a Sale? Joel Bleeke and David Ernst, January - February 1995 Issue (download the pdf).
- The Way to Win in Cross-Border Alliances, Joel Bleeke and David Ernst, November - December 1991 Issue (download the pdf).
- Strategic Choices for Newly Opened Markets, Joel Bleeke, September - October 1990 Issue (download the pdf).
- The McKinsey Quarterly, Governing Joint Ventures, Bamford and Ernst, 2005.
- The McKinsey Quarterly, Managing an Alliance Portfolio, Bamford and Ernst, 2005.
- The McKinsey Quarterly, Not by M&A Alone, Ernst and Halevy, 2004.
- McKinsey on Finance, Measuring Alliance Performance, Ernst and Bamford, 2002.
- The McKinsey Quarterly, When to Think Alliance, Ernst and Halevy, 2000.
- The McKinsey Quarterly, Petroleum After the Megamergers, Ernst and Steinhubl, 1999.
- The McKinsey Quarterly, Alliances in Upstream Oil and Gas, Ernst Steinhubl, 1997.
- The McKinsey Quarterly, Emerging Market Alliances Must They Win to Lose Adarkar, Adil, Ernst, and Vaish, 1997.
- The McKinsey Quarterly, Service Alliances: Coffee and one way to Boston, Ernst and Frend, 1996.
Other Seminal Publications
- Corporate Dealmaker, Getting a Grip on Alliances, Bamford and Ernst, 2005 (download the pdf)
- The Alliance Analyst Alliances for the Year 2000, Ernst, 1999 (download the pdf).
- The Alliance Analyst Managing Alliances - Skills for the Modern Era, Ernst, 1996 (download the pdf).
Partnerships, Joint Ventures and Strategic Alliances, Getting the Governance Right - Joint Venture Governance Guidelines. James Bamford and David Ernst, 2007.
Mastering Alliance Strategy: A Comprehensive Guide to Design, Management, and Organization. James Bamford, Benjamin Gomes-Casseres, and Michael S. Robinson. Jossey-Bass, 2003.
Collaborating to Compete: Using Strategic Alliances and Acquisitions in the Global Marketplace. Joel Bleeke and David Ernst. John Wiley & Sons Inc., 1993.
The Joint Venture Exchange (JVX)
A monthly publication aimed at Joint Venture CEOs, Joint Venture Board members, corporate center executives, and others with a direct role in managing and governing existing joint ventures. Recent examples include:
The Joint Venture Deal Exchange (JVDX)
A publication targeted at dealmakers, aimed at providing provocative perspectives, practical tools, best-practice approaches, and contractual terms that are directly usable in active deal negotiations. Recent examples include:
Water Street Insights (WSI)
A weekly publication targetted at Joint Venture Dealmakers, Management Teams, and Corporate Boards covering a range of topics across indsutries. Popular examples include: